16 March 2016

Face oils, the verdict

If you follow me on Snap, you know how obsessed I am with face oils/serums. I don't use a wide variety of them but I do have my go to products on daily rotation. As a combo skin type, I always use to be scared that it would make my face like it's ready to fry an egg on it but slowly and surely I started appreciating their use and since then have swapped face moisturizer for oils/serums instead. Since making the switch, I've found that my skin has become more soft and well hydrated.  If you'd also like to make the change or consider incorporating oils and serums into your face care routine, here's a few tips you can consider before you spend that moolah....
Taken on my Samsung Galaxy S5


For oily skin types...

I already know what your thinking - but my face is already oily!?! Once you get over this hump, it's not that hard to say no to face oils. There's a wide range available in the market, you just have to find the right one for you and start slowly. Also, unless you have really dry skin, you should only be applying it to the dry areas of your face, not all over.

Face oils are good for...
  1. Free radical protection
  2. Improved skin tolerance
  3. Plumping skin
  4. Better absorption
Which face oils are good for my skin type?
  • Tea tree oil Best for: Acne
  • Grapeseed oil Best for: Oily skin
  • Argan oil Best for: Anti-Aging
  • Black currant oil Best for: Repair
  • Chamomile oil Best for: Sensitive skin 
  • Rose hip seed oil Best for: Discoloration
  • Olive oil Best for: Dry skin
  • Marula oil Best for: Irritated skin & anti-ageing
  • Dilo oil Best for: Firming
  • Jojoba oil Best for: Acne
  • Castor oil Best for: Anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial
  • Hemp seed oil Best for: Psoriasis and eczema
  • Tamanu oil Best for: Regenerating skin tissue

Happy testing and shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment