|Photo by Kyashi Orasato
13 June 2016
I've spoken about what to pack when traveling in previous blog posts before but it's another year and another tropical holiday. So, of course this calls for an update on my makeup essentials to pack for those palm tree, pineapple and coconut kinda trips...
7 June 2016
Obviously I don't have one particular go-to brand but here are some of my past and present...
|Taken on Samsung Galaxy S7
- Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Acne Clearing Exfoliating Treatment - Specifically designed to target existing blemishes and prevent future breakouts. I use this once to twice a week
- Mario Badescu Acne Facial Cleanser - Formulated to fight acne and also calm and soothe acne inflamed skin. I use this as a daily cleanser when I'm breaking out.
- Glossier Priming Moisturizer - Light and buildable moisture for a dewy, smooth canvas. My everyday moisturizer before I apply makeup
- KORE Pearl Optimal Repair Cream - Multi-purpose moisturising formula which rapidly penetrates to hydrate, tone and repair the skin. I love to use this at night after applying my serum.
- Embryolisse Lotion Micellaire Makeup Remover & Cleanser - Soothing and cleansing make-up remover for the face, eyes and lips. No rinsing required and great for all skin types
- Skin Laundry Clarifying Medicated Foaming Facial Wash - This medicated facial wash gently exfoliates while providing anti-inflammatory and antibacterial benefits to calm skin and protect it from future breakouts. I use this as a daily cleanser when I'm breaking out.
- Aesop Fabulous Face Cleanser - This Olive-derived formulation offers exceptional cleansing without stripping skin; ideal for those prone to dryness or sensitivity. I use this as an everyday cleanser.
- Grown Alchemist Gentle Gel Facial Cleanser - This delicate blend of botanical extracts gently removes impurities from sensitive facial skin without stripping, allowing skin to breathe freely. I use this as an everyday cleanser.
- MUSQ Gel Moisturiser - Properties of Aloe Vera soothe the skin while the energising elements of Lemon Peel revive the skin and senses. Enriched with Juniper Berry and Grapefruit to hydrate and heal the skin. Love this as an everyday morning moisturiser.
- Perricone MD Hypoallergenic Gentle Cleanser - A mild cleanser that effectively eliminates dirt, oil and makeup without stripping skin of its natural oils and never leaving skin feeling dry or tight. Great everyday and night cleanser after removing makeup and ideal for sensitive skin.
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Herbs & Rosewater - Refreshing, hydrating mist for all skin types. I use this as a toner or every face spritzer.
2 June 2016
- Sara Blakely - Net worth: $1 billion. Sara Blakely is back running Spanx day-to-day following CEO Jan Singer’s exit.
- Sophia Amoruso - Net worth: $280 million. The only Millennial newcomer to the list outside the entertainment industry, Sophia Amoruso made her fortune with e-commerce retailer Nasty Gal
- Diane Hendricks - Net worth: $4.9 billion. Co-founder of ABC Supply the roofing company with sales more than doubled in the past decade to nearly $6 billion in 2015.
- Kathy Ireland - Net worth: $360 million. Supermodel turned mogul Kathy Ireland built a licensing empire by lending her name, taste and marketing prowess to more than 17,000 products.
- Meg Whitman - Net worth: $2.1 billion. CEO of Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Toni Ko - Net worth: $260 millon. launched NYX Cosmetics, selling colorful, high-end makeup at bargain prices in 1999, at age 25.
- Katrina Lake - Net worth: $120 million. Katrina Lake created Stitch Fix, an online retailer that picks clothes for customers using a cocktail of data science and personal stylists.
- Dorothy Herman - Net worth: $270 million. The richest self-made woman in American real estate, Dorothy Herman is co-owner of New York’s elite brokerage firm Douglas Elliman.
- Liz Elting - Net worth: $390 million. Liz Elting is co-CEO of TransPerfect, one of the world’s largest translation firms, with $505 million in revenues and offices in more than 90 cities.
31 May 2016
There are some days I don't feel like wearing foundation, CC cream or tinted moisturizer so it's important that I have a few good concealers in my everyday makeup drawer. It should definitely be a staple product for anyone who wears makeup but the key is to find one that answers your skin questions.
I'm not really one to follow the hottest brands in right now but I do think sometimes it's worth checking out. Here's my current concealers on rotation, one missing from here is my Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer which I love as an overall concealer for blemish coverage, uneven skin tone and under eye concealer.
|Image taken on my Samsung 5S