22 June 2015

Surprise Wedding?

Ever been to a surprise wedding? Well I'm sure Jaira and Paul never would have imagined surprising their closest family and friends a day before leaving the country only to follow their travel dreams. 

Jaira initially had plans for a big wedding, she approached me for hair and makeup months in advanced but was disappointed to hear I was already booked (March and November are my busiest times). Weeks leading up to their wedding, Jaira called me and was excited to give me both good and bad news, her and Paul had decided to cancel their big wedding, drop everything and move to the UK. It didn't mean they didn't want to get married, instead they decided to combine their farewell party with a surprise wedding, this also meant their Wedding Date had moved and to add to her excitement I was available! I won't go too much into detail about how the day panned out, I'll leave that for you to read on Hello May & Junebug Weddings.

As for Jaira's beauty inspiration, I based it on her stunning dress. Like their wedding, she opted for something less traditional than your typical white dress. Jaira's natural beauty made it so simple for me to create the perfect hair and makeup that would suit her calm vibe and elegant style. For her makeup, she normally doesn't wear any at all so I decided to stick with neutrals and browns to create a sultry but suitable smokey eye to match a rose pink lip. I added a tiny bit of metallic to the inner corners of her eyes and used a matte bronzer to contour her face. For her hair, I used a large tong to create some beautiful large curls styled to one side that flowed elegantly and lasted all day.

I have to thank Oli Sansom for these amazing shots, his style is more documentary and organic which I love.





















The Wedding Team:
Photography – Oli Sansom
Venue – Private Residence
Catering – Spanish Home Catering
Cake – Cake Red Hill
Officiant – Lisa Foster
Videography – Clever Deer
Hair & Makeup Styling – Katrina Villegas
Wedding Dress – Vivid
Groom’s Apparel – Zara
Rings – Anton Jewellery


No comments:

Post a Comment