13 June 2016

Packing for the tropics

I've spoken about what to pack when traveling in previous blog posts before but it's another year and another tropical holiday. So, of course this calls for an update on my makeup essentials to pack for those palm tree, pineapple and coconut kinda trips...

Photo by Kyashi Orasato


1. Mecca Cosmetica To Save Face Superscreen SPF 50+ - What's better then SPF 30+, well 50+ duh! After cleanser, toner and serum, the first thing I always apply before makeup is sunscreen. Because I don't like to use a primer, this is my base to start any type of face.

2. MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation - I've mentioned this foundation before and always snap it, it's my everyday formula since it was released last year. It has medium coverage but can be built up to full without looking looking cakey. It's a waterproof formula that lasts for 24 hours hence you can go from beach to bar/club without re-doing your face. Who has time to do their face on holidays anyway?

3. Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer SPF 10 - Again, if you watch my snaps, I am obsessed with Estee Lauder's whole double wear collection. I like to wear this concealer for it's longevity and also if I'm not wearing foundation I will just use it to spot conceal problem areas on my face without having to apply a layer of foundation if I just want minimum coverage.

4. Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer - I like to use this concealer for under eyes. It is what it says it is - CREASELESS. It's amazingly long lasting and perfect for those all nighters exploring a foreign city. Not to mention, great for the morning after bags and dark circles when you need to catch your next flight. It will keep you looking fresh and awake, that's for sure. 

5. Lancome Hypnose Waterproof Mascara - When it comes to mascara I'm a bit of a brand whore by that I mean, I will move form one brand to another to find the perfect one. This ticks almost all my boxes, waterproof, water resistant, adds volume, length and lasts way longer than 24 hours if it was put to the test

6. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - For the days you don't want to do anything or wear anything but still want to look decent in case some eye candy approaches you at the pool or beach side. This is your guy. A slow-baked powder with 77-Mineral Complex that provides a natural, dimensional finish and looks like SKIN.

7. The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil - This isn't actually makeup but I had to chuck it in here. Tea Tree oil has many uses but mostly known for it's soothing properties. Because of my trouble skin, I like to spot it on my inflamed blemishes before applying my makeup. It's also a great antiseptic for bug bites, especially in tropical weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment