1 June 2015

Product Review: MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation

 


Price: $54 AUD inc tax / $32 USD + tax
Overall Rating: 4/5
Packaging: 5/5 (I love that it's not in a glass jar like most other MAC foundations)

"A tenacious waterproof formula that can be used as a foundation or concealer, wearing for an unprecedented 24 hours. Neither rain nor tears can budge this oil-free watertight product that actually repels moisture from the surface of the face. The formula blends seamlessly on the skin with medium to full weightless coverage and a natural satin finish"

 
When I tested it out initially, I was impressed. It glided on smoothly, the smell is quiet subtle and not too overbearing and the lasting power truly is magic! I've been wearing it over the last couple of weeks now (currently winter in Melbourne) and so far, so good. I would consider it now one of my top foundations since it ticks off all the boxes I look for in a foundation. Full coverage, light weight, waterproof & long lasting. Although the price tag can put you off, it's still worthwhile for those looking for longevity form day to day.

I would consider this foundation to be a combo of Studio Fix Fluid & the original Pro Longwear Foundation. Less sticky, more creamy, less heavy and also has a satin-matte finish but not too matte. The colour I'm normally is NC44 but because of the limited range, I would be mixing NC42 & 45 to get my tone then add more or less of the other depending on how dark I wanna look. The great feature about this foundation is that the creamy texture allows application and blending to be done so easily and I also found it to be quiet build-able. Some may question as to whether the 24 hour waterproof name to it also means it feels like cement on the skin and impossible to remove. Not at all, my normal makeup remover wipes and cleanser left no traces when I washed my face normally. The only flaw I can say is that the colour oxidizes as soon as you apply and settle the foundation so I recommend going a shade lighter than your usual or mix them up. I can't wait until the warmer/humid months come so I can test it out in different weather conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment