7 August 2015

Winter skin ft. Double Wear

Image taken from Google Search
Price: $50 AUD inc tax (purchase from Myer, David Jones or Online)
Overall Rating: 4.5/5
Packaging: 4/5 (Glass packaging always feel more luxe)

15-hour staying power. Flawless all day. This worry-free, long-wearing makeup stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity, nonstop activity. Won't change color, smudge or come off on clothes. Feels lightweight and comfortable. Now the flawless look you see in the morning is the look you keep all day

Cult foundation of foundations is what I call this one. I first started wearing makeup when I was about 20 years old. I began only wearing bronzer then stepped up and learned how to do eye makeup and then liquid foundation and all that other jazz. Back then I was just wearing any foundation I could get my hands on, the excitement of wearing makeup was a big deal then and I remember one of the first brands I was introduced to was Estee Lauder. In fact, double wear was probably one of the first liquid foundations I ever wore. Although my skin didn't need such heavy and full coverage I was still a fan mainly because of it's lasting power. Later on, the actual brand became less and less appealing to me mainly because I associated it more with mature skin and eventually parted ways. Then my on and off again love affair began with MAC (later I learned that MAC falls under the Estee Lauder Group anyway). 

Fast forward to 8 years later, my skin has been through hell and back but I have finally been reconnected with my first love - Double Wear. To be honest, it's all the latest beauty bloggers, YouTube gurus and social media MUAs that has brought it back for me. I've been testing it out again for the last couple of weeks and it's as amazing as it was the first time using it. It's the ultimate day to night. heavy duty, water resistant, non transferable and everything you want in a long lasting foundation. My days are quiet long, they begin at 7.30am when I wash my face and apply my makeup. If I have after work meetings or general catch ups, I NEED my makeup to stay because I don't have time to do touch ups throughout the day so it's important to me that the foundation I wear has to last 12-15 hours. For ladies who normally wear makeup everyday, I would agree that it does feel comfortable and lightweight but for others who don't wear much it can be a little too heavy. It IS a full coverage, matte finish foundation but like all face products, it's important to build/layer rather than lathering on one thick application. Just a note for first timers, matte foundations can tend to look very one dimensional and 80's, kind of unflattering to be honest.

My skin type is all over the place but as of right now (winter) it's been pretty dry so before applying Double Wear, I always make sure to moisturize well with creamy products (favourite right now is Embryolisse rich moisturizing cream) otherwise I find that Double Wear can be drying on my skin towards the end of the day. Lastly, I'm a face toucher (very bad habit), I like to lean my chin on my hands, rub my eyes, pick my face and when I go for hugs, people wearing white - not good, lol. As long as you set your foundation, I'm telling you Double Wear does not budge, does not transfer, does not smudge. I'm glad to come back to this product in my late 20's, it's definitely more of a match to my makeup requirements and also makes me appreciate the brands who have been around for longer than I have.

Taken on my Samsung Galaxy S5
Below is a breakdown of products I used in order to get the look above....

SKIN PREP
Perricone MD Hypoallergenic Gentle Cleanser as my face wash
Musq revatilize serum 2 to 3 drops all over the face
Embryolisse Rich Moisturising Cream to moisturize and prime
Grown Alchemist age repair eye cream for my dark circles and any puffiness
MAC Fix + spray before serum and after the prep stage before foundation
EOS lipbalm to prep and soften my lips


FACE
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW34 to conceal my spots and blemishes
Estee Lauder Double Wear in "Cashew"
NARS radiant creamy concealer in "Caramel" for my dark circles
MAC Prep & Prime highlighter in "Bright Forecast" to highlight inder my eyes
MAC creme blush (no link, discontinued product)
Josie Maran Argan Illuminiser to strobe/highlight
NARS "Orgasm" powder blush
MAC Mineralize skin finish natural to set and also as a bronzer

EYES/BROWS
Shu Uemurausa eyelash curler
Lancome Hypnose Mascara 2-3 coats
Inglot soft precision eyeliner in white
#KVMUAlashes half lash (coming soon)
MAC Fluidline "dip down" to fill in brows with an angled brush
Make Up For Ever concealer pencil to neaten and highlight brows
Anastasia Beverly Hills clear brow gel to fix

LIPS
MAC lipstick combo of "snob" & "half n half"

No comments:

Post a Comment