3 July 2015

This is me...

A smile is your best accessory
Taken on Snapchat (KVMUA) Video Tutorial on 01/07/2015
My skin was pretty flawless growing up, I never went through that awkward adolescent pimple phase like some other girls my age. But as soon as I hit my adult years, specifically from 23 until currently, my skin has suffered the worst adult acne. It's hard to hide and kind of embarrassing especially working as a freelance Makeup Artist, clients always ask for skin tips and advice and to be honest I don't have an answer and I'm still struggling to get my skin back. As much as cosmetics can cover, it can only do so much. At the moment I'm using organic, anti aging skincare and wear less & less makeup most days, I was also on anti-biotics for the longest time. I found that what you read/research doesn't always work for everyone because each person has different levels of hormones, lifestyle, diet and skin type. For the girls struggling and losing confidence in themselves just remember that what you see in the mirror is not all there is. Don't be discouraged and don't believe all that #nofilter bullshit, yes we all use filters, makeup is a filter. I just wanted to share my thoughts and struggles about my skin and want to remind you that we all have scars, but please choose to smile because you're beauty shines through than what's on the surface. For my ladies who don't wear makeup or have no interest in it, that's cool too. 

What did Drake say "sweat pants  hair tied, chillin with no makeup on. That's when you're the prettiest, I hope that you don't take it wrong." 

No comments:

Post a Comment