24 April 2015

Travel Beauty Essentials

Keeping in the theme of Travel blog posts for this month this post will focus on which beauty essentials I think you need while traveling. I don't know about you guys but I hate packing, especially when it comes to makeup. I don't wear much these days, my everyday to weekend routine consists of concealer, (swapping between) tinted moisturizer and full coverage foundation (for night), bronzer (matte finish, always), false lashes (only for going out) and my eos lip balm (or lipstick for a night out). But when I travel, it's a completely different story, I must always be prepared so I tend to pack more than I actually need. As a frequent traveler, I have finally made a shortlist of my must have travel essentials whether you are only going on a short trip, month long or whatever.

Taken on my Samsung Galaxy S5

  1.  Primer - make sure it's a moisturizer and has UV sun protection in one. They say less is more, most primers can do it all, but most importantly it should hold your makeup into place for hours. Sometimes you don't have time to go back to your hotel room to freshen up or you might find yourself going from the beach straight to the club. My current picks are Hourglass veil primer, MAC P&P face primer UV50+ (only sold in Asia) & Embryolisse Lait Cream (moisturizer & primer in one). 
  2.  BB/CC Cream or Tinted Moisturizer - These type formulas are great for those of you who want light coverage. Generally BB and CC creams have it all - it's a primer, moisturizer and most of the time, includes sun protection. OR Foundation - If you wear it, pack it. If you don't, don't bother. When choosing foundation, go with the one that best compliments your skin type. Don't use a powder foundation if your skin is already dry and don't go with a shiny/dewy finish foundation if your skin is already oily, it adds age rather than youth. I don't have any particular picks but I generally look for a build able coverage that's water resistant and also has sun protection. Currently I'm in love with NARS luminous weightless foundation & my CoverFX BB Cream.
  3. Concealer or Highlighter - or both! I'm in love with my MAC pro concealer palette because it covers both options. I use the salmon/orange based concealer tones for under my eyes and the lighter tones to highlight. To conceal, I use the colours closer to my foundation colour to hide any blemishes. I've always believed if foundation can do the job then you don't need concealer at all, this just means less to pack!
  4. Blush/Bronzer - Not necessary but necessary for me so I use my MAC RiRi blush/bronzer duo, this definitely saves space. Great tip, for a cream blush you can use your fave lipstick colour for both cheek and lips.
  5. Mascara or Falsies - My lashes are typical Asian style lashes, straight and short. Lucky for me I've got the patience to apply falsies on, in fact it's easier for me to wear falsies rather than applying mascara so I opt for the latter. No particular picks for mascara, but for me I need something waterproof.
  6. Lipstick/Lipliner/Lipgloss - I'm more of a lipstick gal and I always choose 3 colours to pack - nude/natural, red (matched up with a deep/dark maroon lip liner) and either and orange or pink depending on how tanned I am, lol. The reason why I bring a darker lip liner is so I can change up my look from a playful red during the day to a dark, vampy red for a night out in town.
  7. Other must have essentials include - face wipes, lip balm (with sunscreen) and face cleanser (you can find great ones that are a makeup remover, cleanser and toner in one). I also bring along a powder, because I get quiet oily on my T-zone. My fave is MAC Mineralise skinfinish because I can double it up as a bronzer too.
There you have it, with 10 items or less, I have a complete look when traveling! I'd love to know what your travel essentials are, please share or comment below. Also I came across a great article for in flight traveling on missbish.com, definitely check it out before you fly!

Until next time, happy travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment